Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
Curated daily news for March 17, 2021
Today’s articles include: Cybercrime to hit $10 trillion by 2025, Stop pretending SMS is secure, The challenge of patching OT devices, 2017 Microsoft vuln is still being exploited, and the Twitter Bitcoin Scammer gets 3 years behind bars.
- Cybercrime to cost over $10 Trillion by 2025
- Can We Stop Pretending SMS Is Secure Now?
- This Years-Old Microsoft Vulnerability Is Still Popular With Hackers
- To Patch or Not to Patch in OT – That Is the Real Challenge
- Latest Mirai Variant Targets SonicWall, D-Link and IoT Devices
- PYSA Ransomware Pillages Education Sector, Feds Warn
- New Mirai Variant and ZHtrap Botnet Malware Emerge in the Wild
- 18-Year-Old Hacker Gets 3 Years in Prison for Massive Twitter ‘Bitcoin Scam’ Hack
- Dridex Campaign Propelled by Cutwail Botnet and Poisonous PowerShell Scripts
- How to Align IT and Business Objectives During Digital Transformation
|Tool Of The Day|
|Writehat – A Pentest Reporting Tool Written In Python: WriteHat is a reporting tool which removes Microsoft Word (and many hours of suffering) from the reporting process. Markdown –> HTML –> PDF. Created by penetration testers, for penetration testers – but can be used to generate any kind of report. Written in Django (Python 3).|
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.