Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
Curated daily news for January 28, 2021
Special note: SANS is offering a free Cyber Diversity training course to those who qualify. For more information, check the SANS Diversity Site.
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Emotet takedown disrupts criminals, NetWalker site seized, 10-year old sudo bug impacts countless Linux/Unix hosts, Managing data privacy with pandemic response, and Security’s move to the edge.
- Emotet Takedown Disrupts Vast Criminal Infrastructure
- NetWalker Ransomware Suspect Charged: Tor Site Seized
- Sudo Bug Gives Root Access to Mass Numbers of Linux Systems
- Data Privacy Day 2021: Pandemic Response Data Must Align with Data Privacy Rules
- 3 Security ‘Disconnects’ That Need To Be Addressed
- Security’s Inevitable Shift to the Edge
- What are Windows Process Creation Events and Why You Should Enable Them
- App Security Takes a Back Seat in the Drive to Digital Transformation
- APIs Exposed by Manual Penetration Testing
- Emotet vs. Windows Attack Surface Reduction
- New Docker Container Escape Bug Affects Microsoft Azure Functions
- TriOp – tool for gathering (not just) security-related data from Shodan.io
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.