Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for October 20, 2020
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Lightning fast Ryuk encrypts enterprise in 5 hours, Vizom targets Brazilian banks, Microsoft the new king of phishing impersonations, Exchange/Outlook under siege, NSS Labs shuttered, and BaseCamp providing free malware hosting.
- New Vizom Malware Discovered Targets Brazilian Bank Customers with Remote Overlay Attacks
- Ryuk Ransomware Gang Uses Zerologon Bug for Lightning-Fast Attack
- 7 Tips for Choosing Security Metrics That Matter
- Fancy Bear Imposters Are On A Hacking Extortion Spree
- NSS Labs Shuttered
- Microsoft Exchange, Outlook Under Siege By APTs
- Microsoft is the Most-Imitated Brand for Phishing Emails
- DOJ charges six Russian nationals for their alleged part in the NotPetya, Ukraine power grid and Olympics cyberattacks
- Phishing Lures Shift from COVID-19 to Job Opportunities
- Academia Adopts Mitre ATT&CK Framework
- Hackers now abuse BaseCamp for free malware hosting
- Microsoft Fixes RCE Flaws in Out-of-Band Windows Update
Copyright © 2002-2020 John Masserini. All rights reserved.