Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for October 12, 2020
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Using neural networks to detect Social Engineering, Understanding the value of security solutions, Morgan Stanley fined $60m for mishandled hardware, Cyber Command tricking Trickbot, and the details of how Emotnet works.
- What Is Smishing? Definition, Examples & Protection Tips
- DEF CON 28 Safe Mode AI Village – Younghoo Lee’s & Joshua Saxe’s ‘Detecting Social Engineering Emails With A Bleeding Edge Neural Model’
- How Cybersecurity Leaders Can Understand the Value of Their Organization’s Security Solutions
- Hacker groups chain VPN and Windows bugs to attack US government networks
- Negligent data center shutdowns bring $60 million fine for Morgan Stanley
- Foreign hackers are targeting federal, state and local IT networks, feds warn
- CISOs Planning on Bigger Budgets: Report
- Sophisticated Android Ransomware Executes with the Home Button
- How Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Teams Spot Attacks Before They Start
- Cybersecurity in The Post-Pandemic Economy
- Emotet 101: How the Ransomware Works — and Why It’s So Darn Effective
- Report: U.S. Cyber Command Behind Trickbot Tricks
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.