Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for October 7, 2020
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Best practices for using Open Source, New sophisticated SlouthfulMedia malware, Ransomware attack slows down COVID trails, Attackers who bring their own phishing pages, and Admin’s warned against stopping Flash removal.
- Web Application Security Best Practices: A Developer’s Guide
- Eliminate Blind Spots: Protect the Full Application Stack
- trident – Automated Password Spraying Tool
- 6 Best Practices for Using Open Source Software Safely
- Attacker builds malware variant with leaked Mirai source code
- CISA and DoD Warn of Sophisticated Threat Actor Wielding New SlothfulMedia Malware
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month. 2020 the perfect year to talk, think and act cybersecurity.
- COVID-19 Clinical Trials Slowed After Ransomware Attack
- Apple’s Famed T2 Security Chips’ Unfixable Vulnerability Allows Hackers Easy Access To Macs
- Google Brings Password Protection to iOS, Android in Chrome 86
- NCSC Warns Admins Not to Disable Updates to Keep Flash Alive in 2021
- Serious Security: Phishing without links – when phishers bring along their own web pages
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.