Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for October 2, 2020
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Apathy prevails despite awareness training, Mac’s under assault, LokiBot sneaking past controls, and The Treasury Department warns against paying ransoms to OFAC-listed groups.
- Cryptojacking: The Unseen Threat
- IOC’s turning into IOOI’s, (Thu, Oct 1st)
- ‘It Won’t Happen to Me’: Employee Apathy Prevails Despite Greater Cybersecurity Awareness
- Rise in Remote MacOS Workers Driving Cybersecurity ‘Rethink’
- InterPlanetary Storm Botnet Infects 13K Mac, Android Devices
- 96% of Organizations Use Open Source Libraries but Less Than 50% Manage Their Library Security Flaws
- Spammers Smuggle LokiBot Via URL Obfuscation Tactic
- Microsoft Office 365 Phishing Attack Uses Multiple CAPTCHAs
- Integrating Security Awareness Training Into Employee Onboarding
- Ransomware Victims That Pay Up Could Incur Steep Fines from Uncle Sam
- Hacked hospital chain says all 250 US facilities affected
- Why a Security Maturity Model Can Transform How You Use Analytics
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.