Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for September 21, 2020
Today’s 12 newsworthy articles include: Hacking Windows with a bunch of zeros, Homicide investigation after a hospital’s ransomware attack, The challenges of patching remote workstations, DDoS skyrocketing, Applying financial risk models to InfoSec, and APT41 attacking the supply chain.
- SecOps Teams Wrestle with Manual Processes, HR Gaps
- Zerologon – hacking Windows servers with a bunch of zeros
- Patching in the Time of Remote Work
- The Curious Case of SunCrypt
- DDoS Attacks Skyrocket as Pandemic Bites
- A New Botnet Attack Just Mozied Into Town
- Police Launch Homicide Inquiry After German Hospital Hack
- Source code of Cerberus banking trojan released online for free
- Researchers Uncover 6-Year Cyber Espionage Campaign Targeting Iranian Dissidents
- Report Looks at COVID-19’s Massive Impact on Cybersecurity
- Risk Management: How Security Can Learn to Do the Math
- Chinese Antivirus Firm Was Part of APT41 ‘Supply Chain’ Attack
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.