Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 25, 2020
Today’s topics include: Election cyber-war games, Bypassing email security with Unicode, Deathstalker unveiled, Three new critical Apache vulnerabilities, Dharma ransomware, and a new way to identify vulnerabilities.
- Election War Games Show Cyber Chaos Doesn’t Cost Much
- Average Cost of a Data Breach in 2020: $3.86M
- Attackers Use Unicode & HTML to Bypass Email Security Tools
- CISA Releases 5G Security Guidelines
- Lifting the veil on DeathStalker, a mercenary triumvirate
- MITRE Releases ‘Shield’ Active Defense Framework
- Google Researcher Reported 3 Flaws in Apache Web Server Software
- APIs Are the Next Frontier in Cybercrime
- U.S. military researchers may have found a more productive vulnerability discovery process
- There But Not There: Phishing Emails Using Invisible Text
- SharpHose – Asynchronous Password Spraying Tool
- Iran-Linked ‘Newbie’ Hackers Spread Dharma Ransomware Via RDP Ports
Copyright © 2002-2022 John Masserini. All rights reserved.