Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 19, 2020
Today’s topics include: Critical Jenkins vulnerability, Extortion and DDoS wrapped up in one attack, Disparity between actual and perceived AppSec, Army sheds light on North Korea’s hacking crew, and Supply Chain risk mitigation.
- Why Quality & Security Both Matter in Software
- How to Stay Secure on GitHub
- Four Ways to Mitigate Supply Chain Security Risks From Ripple20
- New Campaign Combines Extortion, DDoS
- Example of Word Document Delivering Qakbot, (Wed, Aug 19th)
- Critical Jenkins Server Vulnerability Could Leak Sensitive Information
- IcedID Trojan Rebooted with New Evasive Tactics
- Researchers Warn of Active Malware Campaign Using HTML Smuggling
- 69% Say Their AppSec Is Effective but Don’t Have Tools to Measure It
- Survey Finds Lag in Crisis Response Planning
- North Korea’s ‘Bureau 121’ Has an Army of 6000 Hackers
- How a new federal policy for telling election officials about cyber-intrusions got put to use
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.