Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 18, 2020
Today’s topics include: A new Struts attack PoC on GitHub, Understanding rootkits, Vulnerability prioritization is a major issue, Container threat modeling, and Security’s data accuracy problem.
- PoC Exploit Targeting Apache Struts Surfaces on GitHub
- DEF CON 28 Safe Mode – Bill Demirkapi’s ‘Demystifying Modern Windows Rootkits’
- The IT Backbone of Cybercrime
- Establishing a Secure Long-Term Workforce Outside the Four Walls
- Firms Still Struggle to Prioritize Security Vulnerabilities
- New Ponemon Report: A Programmatic Approach to Vulnerability Management for Hybrid Multicloud
- Reported Breach Count for H1 2020 Lowest in Five Years
- Researcher Discloses 9 Leaky GitHub Repos Affecting 200K U.S. Residents – ‘And Possibly Many More’
- Threat Modeling in a Container Environment
- New Report Examines the Pandemic’s Impact on Cyber Security
- How to Ensure Secure and Complete Data Destruction
- Garbage In, Gospel Out: The Security Problem of Data Accuracy
Copyright © 2002-2020 John Masserini. All rights reserved.