Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 17, 2020
Today’s topics include: Using ‘Domain Fronting’ to avoid detection, Microsoft allows bug to live for 2 years, NSA says watch out for Dovorub, new Open Source Security Foundation launches, and 10 elements of effective appsec.
- DEF CON 28 Safe Mode – Erik Hunstad’s ‘Domain Fronting Is Dead, Long Live Domain Fronting: Using TLS 1.3 To Evade Censors, Bypass Network Defenses, And Blend In With The Noise’
- DHS CISA Warns of Phishing Emails Rigged with KONNI Malware
- 10 Elements of the Most Effective Application Security Programs
- Space-Based Quantum Communication Experiment Could Revolutionize Encryption
- Stress, Age Play Role in Cyber Mistakes
- North Korean Hackers Wage Job-Themed Spear-Phishing Attacks
- ‘Cyber Storm’ drill for critical infrastructure focuses on corruption of key IT services
- Microsoft Put Off Fixing Zero Day for 2 Years
- Research Casts Doubt on Value of Threat Intel Feeds
- Drovorub: Russia Pushing Invisible Malware, say NSA and FBI
- Red Hat, Google, Microsoft, GitHub, and Others Launch the Open Source Security Foundation
- Mac Users Targeted by Spyware Spreading via Xcode Projects
Copyright © 2002-2020 John Masserini. All rights reserved.