Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 14, 2020
Today’s topics include: Walgreens physec breach, Linux malware used in espionage, Consideration for sun-setting legacy systems, Tips to reduce contractor account risks, and Deconstruction of the Mekotio malware.
- Mekotio: These aren’t the security updates you’re looking for…
- CISA Warns of Phishing Campaign with Loan-Relief Lure
- Poor Grammar Makes For a Poor Extortion Campaign; ’You Under Attack‘ Pay Us ’Before Make Drama’
- Uncovering Secrets in Code—A Case Study
- 6 Tips to Reduce Contractor Account Compromise
- Legacy Systems: Seven Things to Know When Sunsetting
- Walgreens Discloses Data Breach Impacting Personal Health Information of More Than 72,000 Customers
- Breaking Down Risky Open Source Libraries by Language
- ReVoLTE Attack Allows Hackers to Listen in on Mobile Calls
- CactusPete APT group’s updated Bisonal backdoor
- NSA, FBI Warn of Linux Malware Used in Espionage Attacks
- Business Email Compromise Attacks Involving MFA Bypass Increase
Copyright © 2002-2021 John Masserini. All rights reserved.