Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for August 7, 2020
Today’s topics include: Exorcist Ransomware, CapOne breach costs $80 million, O365 vast attack surface, Exploiting Google Cloud Platform, Finding zero-day’s, and a new awareness framework.
- Canon Admits Ransomware Attack in Employee Note, Report
- TA551 (Shathak) Word docs push IcedID (Bokbot), (Fri, Aug 7th)
- High-Severity Cisco DoS Flaw Plagues Small-Business Switches
- Shellshock In-Depth: Why This Old Vulnerability Won’t Go Away
- Exorcist Ransomware and CIS Exclusion
- 2019 Breach Leads to $80 Million Fine for Capital One
- Broadcom: Staying Safe with WastedLocker Ransomware Variant on the Prowl
- Researchers Create New Framework to Evaluate User Security Awareness
- Office 365’s Vast Attack Surface & All the Ways You Don’t Know You’re Being Exploited Through It
- Massive 20GB Intel IP Data Breach Floods the Internet, Mentions Backdoors
- Exploiting Google Cloud Platform With Ease
- Getting to the Root: How Researchers Identify Zero-Days in the Wild
Copyright © 2002-2022 John Masserini. All rights reserved.