Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute
CURATED daily news for July 24, 2020
Todays topics include: A proposed quantum internet, Garmin ransomware outage, Data Leak issue for Cisco, and Meow Attack hits over 1,000 DB’s.
- Exclusive: More than 1000 people at Twitter had ability to aid hack of accounts
- Cryptojacking botnet Prometei uses NSA exploit to steal data, mine Monero
- NY Charges First American Financial for Massive Data Leak
- Ongoing Meow Attack Has Nuked Over 1,000 Databases
- Cisco Network Security Flaw Leaks Sensitive Data
- Sharp Spike in Ransomware in U.S. as Pandemic Inspires Attackers
- U.S. Department of Energy unveils blueprint for the quantum internet
- USENIX Enigma 2020 – Yomna Nasser’s ‘Pre-Authentication Messages As A Common Root Cause Of Cell Network Attacks’
- July Device Threat Report
- Google adds security enhancements to Gmail, Meet and Chat
- Garmin Suffers Reported Ransomware Attack
- New ‘BadPower’ attack on fast chargers can burn your smartphone
Copyright © 2002-2020 John Masserini. All rights reserved.